Medieval fantasy sandbox rpg with eve-like elements: most notably player controlled economy, sov system & gear fitting choices. A game with great promise only to be stifled by the decisions of its game designers

greyscale.jpg?itok=ol1pqcD4

idk if this game will be good when it releases, but it was pretty fun during the first 2 weeks of the last beta wipe. The next beta wipe is in a few days (march 13 +2 days for non $100 supporters) and the final release is supposed to happen in July.

A bunch of us Adversity dudes played it with Stunt and his crew the first beta and second beta.

The first beta was literally the dream. You could stack up on eachother and look like 1 person and just kebab anyone who came your way. You could drag elite dungeon mobs onto people and have them die and loot all their shit. You could PvP literally 24/7 and have so much fun. Then Greyscale happened and ripped it adding turbo unforgiving sec status shit. 

This game is definitely worth a shot in my opinion. It's not too grindy. A pretty niche sandbox market with the ability to pretty much play just like eve except in a different setting. 

Ive been keeping an eye on this one for a while. Hopefully it doesn't get ruined before final release, cause it reminds me of old school pvp MMOs.

ill give it a try if theres other people to play with. i always hear is a grindyer  version of RS

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this yet, but does it have fatigue when moving between locations?

3 hours ago, Langbaobao said:

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this yet, but does it have fatigue when moving between locations?

You are not allowed to fast travel with your items anymore I believe. You can fast travel to a new area with all your money, but you cannot take items. It used to be you just paid more silver for how much you had on you. So if you had a zillion heavy mats in your backpack then you paid boku silver. 

The "fatigue" in this game is the sec status hits that you take for killing people. It's the most aids thing ever. They want it to be like eve where you have alts that can buy stuff and haul stuff and mine and all that shit out in your "null" space, but the thing is that the game is simply not populated enough for that really. There are resources that are literally not available in certain areas. And not like Eve where you don't have dyspro or other moon minerals for certain ships or mods. It's like if you were missing core minerals in building T1 stuff. 

It might not be as drastic as I'm making it sound but it's still a huge issue with the game. So the sec status thing they added is literally the worst thing ever because if you want to PvP you can't go get new gear without alts and shit. Super lame. 

And then there is the fact that every video theyve made recently only mentions PvE and no PvP which is cool too I guess. This is just an answer that turned into a huge ramble. Game just makes me upset because I really loved this game first beta. Then :grayscale:

/endrant

32 minutes ago, MtnDo Me said:

Then :grayscale:

Yeah, I was fearing that.

6 minutes ago, Langbaobao said:

Yeah, I was fearing that.

I will say this though the game does have a ton of potential and could be an awesome game. The PvP is still fun. And the grind isn't THAT bad honestly. But yeah. Grayscale done did a grayscale 

bump, quite a few of us are playing, im also running a guild

I'm giving this dumb game a shot, doing a frost mage guy atm. I have T3 stuff. Any EUTZ guilds/alliances/corps/whatevers?

There are a few EVE related guilds/alliances in game. Baka and Capital Escalation both have EVE players and kugu badposters. Check the recruitment section or chat with someone on discord to see which you might prefer.

Does it look like the "have a bunch of alts" part of EVE is gonna end up in there or will one character players be competitive?  

Our guild currently has 63 members. I know of 2 people with more than 1 account.

Neat, maybe I'll see if I can have 30$ next month and take a hands on look.  

Here are a couple of short videos I found amusing. For some back story for people who don't play SBI recently released a patch where you can't attack a player for 3 seconds after getting off of your horse. It made ganking much more difficult.