Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alex Clomsaver

The Alex Clomsaver Thread (You can file this one under "too much" information)

27 posts in this topic

Hello World.

I am back, and despite being a little bit older I am still basically the same guy as ever. In my time away I became the moderator of a different, now largely inactive, forum, got a big promotion at work and went heavily into collecting retro video games. My collection of little porcelain figures has expanded to something like 20 in number.

Oh, and much to what I can only assume will be all of your surprise, I once more voted for Hillary Clinton.

Have you met Seraph yet?

Also can we get some details on the vintage video game collection?

Edited by Bisu

I might have talked to him on Discord but I don't think so.

The vidya is a bit more than $10000 in older Nintendo stuff. Most of the money being from the boxed items. No holy grails or anything but I have boxed FFII and III, Super Metroid, LttP (cheaper than you'd think it is), the three N64 Mario Parties, Conker, a small but high quality Nintendo handheld collection, etc. I also, through two lucky finds, have an awesome collection of big box computer games. Probably worth 2000 dollars (but I might have paid 300 or less for the whole of it) but thats a lot harder to judge due to less demand and no way for me to test if those finicky discs and tapes still work. I'm actually trying to buy less now- prices stopped going up about six months ago but have yet to dip back to what I'd rather be paying. Of course saying that, I recently met a guy trying to offload his collection and have been buying bits of his collection the past two weeks for a fair but still below market rate. Among other things he sold me some pretty rare boxes (such as Super Adventure Island II, which is worth like a hundred dollars even without a game and manual) so I guess I'll be hunting down the games to go with those.

You can go down the "whole" list here, but even that is lacking any of the disc based systems, the old computer games, the handheld stuff, Sega and pre-NES stuff, a hundred or so shovel-ware Famicom games, non-game items like consoles and accessories, etc. As some of you might know, I am a collector from a family of collectors, so this isn't out of the ordinary- you should see how much stuff the rest of them have. Then again, most of you know me from when I was a poor college student who wasn't above eating other people's trash so ehhh, its a little bit different.

I couldn't collect video games, I got like 10% of the way down the first page when I found the first thing i'd open and play and realize that I just lost a ton of money half way through.

21 hours ago, Bisu said:

Have you met Seraph yet?

*Blocks ur path*

6 hours ago, Bisu said:

I couldn't collect video games, I got like 10% of the way down the first page when I found the first thing i'd open and play and realize that I just lost a ton of money half way through.

Thats too bad, if you had kept scrolling you would have found all the Adventures of Lolo games. Real talk, play on emulator if you can, the collection is for collecting's sake.

Anyways, had a miserable day at work today. Having other people look at my fuck-ups and dismiss them as some weird computer bug (and then having to admit that no, it was me who resulted in the price being off by a few cents.) Then having a load of issues come in that turned out to be my coworkers' faults (as opposed to being external issues) so I get to lose a little more faith in my fellow man and top it all off with some of the slowest drivers ever on the way in to work and some of the most ridiculous traffic on the way home. Not even kidding, I could go off on a massive rant about today's commute, even beyond the fact that the drive sucks in general.

City driving is a good way to lose all faith in humanity tbh

On 9/8/2017 at 3:17 AM, Bisu said:

Have you met Seraph yet?

Actually, I think @Alex Clomsaver did on old kugu.com. But with folks like Mr Hyde and others, there were more "interesting" badposters about.

Yeah, the name is sort of familiar, but you know... I have something like 16 years worth of internet names floating around in my head. How to keep track of them all?

On 9/8/2017 at 4:46 AM, Alex Clomsaver said:

[...] I am a collector from a family of collectors, so this isn't out of the ordinary- you should see how much stuff the rest of them have [...]

I wasn't aware compulsive hording was a genetically passed trait.

Maybe Lamarck was right after all? Epigenetics is real

Edited by Malaclypse

2 minutes ago, Alex Clomsaver said:

Yeah, the name is sort of familiar, but you know... I have something like 16 years worth of internet names floating around in my head. How to keep track of them all?

No need to excuse for not remembering Seraph.

Malcanis show us on the doll where you were touched so much that you feel the need to post about me here.

I hate that beggar in my town,

Walking Main Street up and down.

Who holds no job, who makes no way,

Yet asks a share of mine own pay.

I've said no once, I've said no twice.

Kept distance to avoid his lice.

Yet still he asks-remembers not,

That any chance he'd had was shot.

I say you're shit, I say you're bad.

You awful human popup ad.

Not kidding either, I'd love to be able to take a stroll through my community without the popup ad asking for money. There needs to be an IRL ad block.

Its called walking like you want a excuse to hurt someone

Fucker popped up on me again today. Ugh, I thought he went away after dark.

Can't run away from neoliberalism, mang

I think they wanted me to stay late at work today.

:lol: It didn't happen.

Edited by Alex Clomsaver

One part of getting older that I totally am not enjoying is the aches and pains. My lower legs are sore pretty much all the time. Its possible that there's more to it than that, changes to diet or lifestyle, but I think a bit of it is just going to be the fact that I am not a kid anymore, even if I still look to be in my twenties.

All the tards down in /pol/ liked Trump a lot,
But Hillary Clinton did not.
Perhaps her waist was three sizes too big.
Or perhaps its was that she had the head of a pig...

Or perhaps it was the fact that they  thought Trump was as racist as they are.

Sorry I can't make that into a poem

Edited by Bisu

On 9/15/2017 at 10:43 PM, Bisu said:

Or perhaps it was the fact that they  thought Trump was as racist as they are.

Sorry I can't make that into a poem

can't be racist if there's only one racist rollsafe.jpg

Was driving home from the Georgia State game tonight and saw a pretty awesome shooting star. Lit up the whole sky in front of me. I suspect that years from now I will remember that far more than I will the football.

Also, icing the kicker when we were up by 45 with seconds left to go was a dick move. Kind of makes me a little embarrassed.