Hendrick Tallardar

Map Games (CK2, EUIV, HOI4)

58 posts in this topic

God i love these games. My biggest problem is i get bored half way through a game, go do other shit, and come back a few days later wanting a fresh start. Still never finished an eu4 game.

Paradox Interactive is a good company and they make good games. Victoria 2 is great too if you haven't played that.

I am doing my first campaign in Vic 2.

How is HOI4 over 3?

Significantly better though the HOI4 AI is wonky.

2 minutes ago, Hendrick Tallardar said:

Significantly better though the HOI4 AI is wonky.

Does it still have the surrounds/logistics mechanics of 3?

Pretty sure it's the same. It's been a long time since I played HOI3.

HoI is a good game

By the way, Kaiserreich is like crack cocaine and really good in HOI4.

Mexico Numero Uno.

Hoi4 is crazy fun and probably my favorite paradox release to date. As Hendrick said, the kaiserreich mod is dope and essentially makes it two games for the price of one. 

Other good mods - The Great War mod

generic rate my reich map pic

Today begins my conquest of Asia as Japan in VIC2.

i think if you're a history nerd these games are pretty fun but for the rest of us without autism they're just overwhelmingly boring and obtuse.

I've never played a Paradox made game, but I'm waiting for HOI4 to go on sale, simply because I'm a big WWII history buff. 

19 hours ago, BDD said:

i think if you're a history nerd these games are pretty fun but for the rest of us without autism they're just overwhelmingly boring and obtuse.

Probably, but you play Dota 2 so your autism is already at the highest level known to man.

kaiserreich's excellent but it's going to take some time before the full set of foci and events are properly integrated from the DH version

HoI 4 is fine, if you like going off-script it's very easy to do so vs HoI 3 and especially 2/DH where it was practically impossible. It's very much simplified and the order of battle system is missed but it's generally positive changes

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Don Peyote said:

HoI 4 is fine, if you like going off-script it's very easy to do so vs HoI 3 and especially 2/DH where it was practically impossible. It's very much simplified and the order of battle system is missed but it's generally positive changes

Yeah, I've played load of Vic 2, Ck2, and EU4, but I could never get into the older HoI games, and I think the OOB system had a lot to do with that. Whilst it's certainly not a perfect game (influencing the internal politics of other nations and otherwise going off script is way too easy, and the AI can be completely retarded at times), imo the changes make is a whole lot more accessible, and only remove a little of the depth.

Edited by Edd Reynolds

Posted (edited)

I feel like they dumbed hoi4 way waaay down. Im not really sure which i like better, as 3 was fun af.

also, no stellaris? That games fun as hell

Edited by Naliao

O, I forgot about Stellaris. It was good on release, but patches since have made it even better imo (praise bob, no more missions in the territory of other empires I can't access)

i hear Utopia is coming out soon. thats supposed to be good. ill get it should it be free.

Vicky 3 fucking when

Did they fix the abhorrent AI in HO4 yet? I uninsulated in disgust after capitulating the SU with half an army and 1 Tank division as Japan. I couldn't even get into HOI3 so im no DDRJake, just drew a meme arrow to Moscow from the Caucasus. Never giving Parajew my money again, they can't get get away with charging £40+ for a game that is basically unplayable.