Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seraph IX Basarab

Russia/Trump Collusion Thread

336 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Comey thought he was fired for refusing to halt the Flynn investigation...  So...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-idUSKBN18Z0HC?il=0

EDIT:  Why hasn't Hillary been arrested for Russian collusion btw?  Its not fair if Trump is investigated of that and Hillary was cleared of charges!  Where am I?  Why are you looking at me?

Edited by Aiwha

"Thought" and "felt" are not really relevant concepts here. There are facts and there is nonsense like that. Sorry no cigar.

The fact that Comey was fired right after he politely refused to drop the Flynn investigation?  

Posted (edited)

Trumps campaign was under investigation.  The only person claiming that Trump personally is under investigation is you.  Trump is an idiot.  Russia put people around him to manipulate him because he is an idiot, and threw their influence behind him online.  Did you not listen to Comey several times say how important that was?  

Edited by Aiwha

No...actually the entire media on the left (most of it) was claiming Trump was under investigation and that comey would "reveal" that with his testimony. Proof today has shown otherwise. Waiting to see proof of Trump's collusion with Russia. I'm serious if that is really the case then we need to protect ourselves. But I still gotta see that proof m8

Posted (edited)

If by Trump, you mean his campaign, then yes.  If by Trump, you mean Donald J Trump, again, only right wingers trying to distract from the investigation kept claiming that over and over.  

Trump should release his tapes that supposidly contradict Comey's testimony.  

Edited by Aiwha

Posted (edited)

"If my X you mean Y"

No by X i mean X. Stop trying to move goal posts here. Also what tapes are you talking about? Trump never claimed he had tapes to contradict Comey. I feel like I'm talking about a film for someone who slept through half of it.

Also http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/james-comey-loretta-lynch-told-me-not-to-call-clinton-email-probe-an-investigation/article/2625335

Edited by Seraph IX Basarab

Posted (edited)

No, trump insinuated he did.  And Comey called him on it publicly.  Also, I absolutly love how we're back to butterymales, when he just testified under oath that there was nothing to bring Clinton to bring up charges.  Under oath.  Back to Benghazi I guess?

Edited by Aiwha

Helps if you read the article. Comey said that Loretta Lynch instructed him to refer to Hillary's investigation as a "matter" rather than an investigation. A task which he did. What would you call that?

Posted (edited)

I'd call that doing damage control on an investigation that turned up literally nothing.  How bout them tapes?  Oh, or the ongoing investigation of the Trump campaigns ties to the confirmed russian effort to influence our elections?  

Edited by Aiwha

6 minutes ago, Aiwha said:

I'd call that doing damage control on an investigation that turned up literally nothing.  How bout them tapes?  Oh, or the ongoing investigation of the Trump campaigns ties to the confirmed russian effort to influence our elections?  

Pay attention http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/not-true-james-comey-denounces-nyt-report-on-trump-campaign-collusion-with-russia-during-testimony/article/2625344

'Not true': James Comey denounces NYT report on Trump campaign collusion with Russia during testimony

He asked Comey to drop the Flynn investigation.  Comey said no, then Trump fired him.  

afaik he just said "I hope you can end this investigation"

That IS actually something else then asking him to stop.

Which Comey took as "make this go away".  

Even more so since he ordered all of the possible witnesses out of the room

"I didn't say that," Trump said when asked whether he asked Comey to drop the investigation of Flynn. "I will tell you, I didn't say that. And there would be nothing wrong if I did say it, according to everybody that I've read today, but I did not say that."

This whole thing is pretty funny, thanks for the quality comedy america

So literally nothing. And even if Trump had asked him to drop the case...it's fully legal to do so.

Its not legal to fire Comey after he doesn't.  Bring on the tapes Trump!  Prove that Comey is totally lying!  You totally won't get subpoenad for the rest of the tapes you might have...

Prove that that is what happened. I'll wait.

Well, Comey said that's what happened under oath.  Now Trump has to either produce evidence that isn't true, or go under oath himself (and given Trumps bad habit of saying things he didn't mean...  That's just a perjury charge waiting to happen).  The Senate intelligence comittee just asked the Whitehouse to produce any tapes of Comey's meetings with Trump.  So we shall see.  

Please take a Civics class and learn how things actually work in the government.

Posted (edited)

Just to clarify, do you believe Comey is lying under oath?  Because Trump says he is.  So either Trump is lying, or Comey is lying.  

Edited by Aiwha

What do you think the "smoking gun" is of what Comey said? Please quote it.